Monday 30 November 2009

A couple more quick stitches

It's been fun to be doing some quick stitches and finishes for a change.  The almost instant gratification is wonderful.  Both these designs have come out of the August 2000  issue of Cross Stitch Crazy.

The first was this little hedgehog.  Mrs Tiggywinkle was always one of my favourite Beatrix Potter characters, so I had to do this one.  She is mounted in a card I got free in a magazine.  I have used wadding under the aperture to give a bit of padding. 


The next one was the free cover gift, which I still had after 10 years.  This is the first notebook finish I have done.

Both of these were stitched using DMC threads.  I did substitute the colours for the hedgehog's hat to use colours I already had.

I am hoping that the knitting needles will get an airing today, and that I can finish at least one of the jumpers I have on the go.

13 comments:

Lula said...

I remember the cherries notebook! I used that kit to teach a pal to cross stitch and she gave me the notebook as a thank you pressie when she finished it. Its brought a big smile to my face to see yours - thank you

Miriam said...

Both finishes are very nice!

Maggi said...

Lovely and cute. I still have some of the cover gifts lurking away somewhere.

Terry said...

Congrats on the finishes! That hedgehog is so cute! :0)

stitchersanon said...

Lovely: I think the hedgie is sooo cute. I love hedgehogs and would often bring them home...much to my mother's disgust as it also brought their 1000s of fleas with them.
HMMMM perhaps I share more in common with our sons than I thought hehe

Mad about Craft said...

I remember the cherries notebook. I never did mine and I think I passed it on.

Deepa said...

Love the hedgehog!!! August 2000 issue??Wow!! I'd love to see your book and magazine collection.

Anonymous said...

Those are both lovely! I'm with you on instant gratification.

Elena said...

Oh, they are so pretty! I really love the beautiful papers for the cover and card!

Gina E. said...

These are lovely, Jane, especially the cherries. The reason I love to stitch cards for people is because they are so quick to do - 'instant gratification' is a good term!

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Jane, Merry Christmas to you and your family. Your Hedgehog is so adorable. I love everything Beatrix Potter too. Hugs Judy

Karen said...

I love that notebook, it's so sweet. Hope you are well, xx

Karan said...

Two more lovely finishes. :0)