Sunday 14 September 2008

TAST-Up and Down Buttonhole Stitch

I have finally started on the blocks for my next lap quilt. I still need to do another block before Tuesday to catch up, but at least a start has been made.

This weeks stitch was up and down buttonhole stitch which I quite enjoyed.

The first seam was stitched using a variegated silk thread. This seam I used the stitch to secure buttons.
And here I used sequins.
This seam was just left plain using some antique lace.

And here is the block as a whole.

All in all, today has been a pretty good day. I'll be chuffed to bits if I can do another block tomorrow.

5 comments:

Paula Hewitt said...

very nice - clever to hold down the buttons and sequins using this stitch. I find this stitch tricky to do - I keep forgetting what to do and it turns into something else.

Karoline said...

Congratulations on finishing the scarf and the quilt block is lovely

Ro said...

Lovely work. :)

Ninu said...

ur work is so good..very nice

Karan said...

Oh this is so pretty! Looking forward to seeing this quilt develop. :0)