Tuesday 30 September 2008

Poppy Cross Stitch Update

After the non-stitching activity of the last few days, I am pleased with what I have been able to accomplish today. The progress on this piece is really obvious as I have now been able to stitch a poppy flower.

All the cross stitching is complete on this flower. The gap in the middle is for french knots and beads. I need to get some beads for this too, something I had forgotten! This photo shows the whole of the middle section. Left to do are the french knots, beading and the back stitch. So good to think I am almost a third of the way through the whole project.
Tomorrow should be the start of a new SAL. I am hoping I shall get home with enough time and inclination to get started.

8 comments:

Angela said...

It's going to be beautiful! You've made great progress.

Anonymous said...

I love poppies...they are splendid. Glad you are feeling better.

Karoline said...

They're looking lovely, congratulations

Scrappy Raven said...

Lovely. That's a lot of work done.

Irene said...

It looks wonderful !

Karan said...

Oh this has come on well - love the colours. :0)

Anonymous said...

Your poppys are looking great, i love poppys my old garden had loads growing, Not yet got any in this new garden, maybe get some for next year,
Wonderfull stitching
Take care

sukigirl said...

When I was going through your blog, your poppies caught my eye.
So pretty, I'm so jealous!