Thursday 4 September 2008

Still Knitting

Well there seemed to be a big dip in temperature yesterday. Autumn certainly seems to be well on it's way,so finishing a few jumpers would go down really well. I did finish the second sleeve last night, so just the neck and making up to do for D's jumper.

When we got home the postman had left a couple of goodies. The wool has arrived to finish the other jumper I was knitting for D, so hopefully he should have two jumpers this week. That means I'll have to get busy and knit another one for J before he feels left out.

The other thing to arrive was my magnifying glass. Wow, what a difference. I can now see all the wrong guesses at half stitches I made! Never mind, it's only a couple and I am not going to worry about them. The only thing I have to worry about is that the boys like the magnifying glass and if I am not careful, I may find it has gone for a walk.


I think I will finish hemming the quilt today, at least D can use it without getting stuck with pins and hopefully get all the knitting finished on his jumper. I want to get it all sewn up by the weekend so I can get my TAST block done fot this week.
Thanks to all that have left helpful tips and comments over the last couple of days, it's been appreciated.

2 comments:

Karan said...

Yes, it's gone decidedly nippy in the past couple of days - had a cardi on last night & had to turn the heating on a little later.
Looking forward to seeing the finished jumper or two! :0)
DH has a magnifier that I pinch occasionally for those hard to read charts. Hope you manage to hang on to yours. LOL :0)

Gina E. said...

LOL - my hubby has a little magnifying glass which he is always losing, and blaming me for it going missing. Silly - he knows that I have two huge magnifiers that I wear around me neck to stitch!