Thursday 24 November 2011

Minnesota Block

I had been wondering if I was going to continue with the blocks in the "We can do it" sampler quilt, I'd lost a bit of enthusiasm along the way, getting distracted with other things.  However, I thought I had done so many of them, and they had been good for using up fabric left over in my stash, it might be as well to continue.  Maybe the paper piecing will grow on me.

I had three blocks to catch up on, this is the first, Minnesota.
It took a little while to get the hang of the placement of the fabric for the diamonds, but by the third one, I had got it into my brain.  The hourglass blocks were just normal piecing, so not a problem. 

If I get the time, it's another paper pieced block today.

5 comments:

Gina E. said...

Oh you are good. I just couldn't get motivated to do any of those blocks. So I'm sitting them out and waiting for the applique!

Terry said...

Good for you giving paper piecing a try. Your block looks great! :0)

Rudee said...

I hope you keep them up. This one is very, very beautiful and intricate.

Sandy said...

I love the fabrics! I enjoy paper piecing. I do need a refresher every time I attempt it though.

Maggi said...

A very impressive block