Sunday 17 October 2010

Saturday's progress

 These were the final two blocks put together on Friday.
 Saturday was the challenge of putting all the blocks together, and despite the help of my furry friends, just after lunch I had one big block.
 I need to do some shopping to finish this one, I need the backing and border fabric.
 I've even got enough to do a couple of pillowcases.  Once these are quilted, I'll cut them to size and I'll have a complete bed set.
This is by no means perfect, I have come a long way from when I first started this quilt.  I am sure the next one, if there ever is a next one, will be so much better, but I have enjoyed the journey.  I can't wait to see these completed and in use.

11 comments:

Karen said...

gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous.....

Terry said...

It's just beautiful Jane! You did a great job on it! :0)

Elena said...

Wow! That is a lot of work! And it's so beautiful!

Nanna said...

that's going to be beautiful when finished
Helen

loulee said...

Phew, Kudos to you, I really couldn't bear the thought of so many tiny squares!

Annie said...

What an accomplishment! This will look so great with matching pillow slips. Looking forward to seeing the next steps.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Beautiful work Jane :)

Kirsten said...

Such a beautiful top...what a job!! You've gone a long way!!

Tudy said...

Wow that is beautiful. So many little squares. Can't wait to see it finished.

Angela said...

Wow, it looks stunning. ALl that work putting the blocks together was so worth it :)

Karan said...

It's been great to see you gradually building these up to a complete quilt & pillowcases.... will enjoy seeing the set finished (no pressure or anything! LOL). WTG on persevering - it's looking fabulous. :0)