Thursday 21 October 2010

A day for Pincushions

I was using up the last of the jelly roll.  This piece I will border with the same fabric as the quilt and make into a cushion.
 Then I made two pincushions with some 21/2" squares.
 That left 3 squares remaining from the whole jelly roll.  These have gone into my 21/2" squares tub to be used another day.
 With some of the other scraps I sorted the other day, I made a couple more pincushions.
I made a couple of pinwheel blocks.  These were made up from half square triangles left over from doing Amy's BOM.  The one on the left was made from a 51/2" square,  I folded all the corners into the middle to form the pincushion.

I don't think I've finished with pincushions yet.  I saw some lovely ones whilst browsing the other day, so may try a couple more designs.

Today, the sewing machine will be getting a rest, I have to take the boys swimming!

13 comments:

Terry said...

Nice pin cushions.
Will you get toswim as well or be content to sit on the sidelines stitching ? Have a good one

Annie said...

Cute pin cushions. Nice way to use up the scraps. I like the look with the decorative pins.

Terry said...

Love the pincushions! A girl can never have too many! :0)

Tudy said...

You have been busy. Love the pin cushions.

Maggi said...

Love your cushion and pincushions.

Karen said...

will you be swimming too? I haven't been swimming for so long, since my kids were younger.

Rudee said...

While they're all pretty, I love the colors in the top photo. Love. Them!

Elena said...

They are so cute! Love, love the pretty fabric!!!

Anonymous said...

Those pin cushions are lovely. I agree with Terry on never having enough of the little buggas.....just like tape measures. lol

Sue

Angela said...

I love pincushions, yours are fabulous :)

Serena Lewis said...

Cute pin cushions!

Unknown said...

oh man, these are pretty cute too....You are always busy doing something....I am jealous.

Karan said...

Very nice! :0)