Saturday 16 January 2010

Friday night sew in


Yesterday was the first Friday night sew in of the year and I decided to do a card kit I have had hanging around for some time.  As it is of a giant panda, there is a lot of  black, lovely for stitching at night time, lol.  He does have one arm and a bit of bamboo, and I am sure he will grow pretty quickly given the opportunity.

Friday was also the day for an update on the Totally Useless SAL (TUSAL).  I saw lots of people participating last year and thought I'd join in this year as I had seen a couple of ingenious ways to use the orts.  I can't remember whose blog I was reading, but they used them to fill glass baubles, and Annie B uses them to stuff the small ornaments she makes.  What a great way to recycle.


Here are my gatherings for this month,  I have the orts from my stitching and a few from the jumpers I have sewn up.  It's amazing how quickly they all add up.

6 comments:

Stitchety Grub said...

I love the word "Orts" for the odd thread ends - I learnt another name for them a few years ago when on a Lace workshop weekend - down in the South of Western Australia but it is an English word - from a Lady originally born in Cornwall and that is "Tifflins"! another great word hehe LOL

Clare-Aimetu said...

Loads in your TUSAL, I think it's a great sal to do :)

Jocelyn said...

Very cute. Wasn't the Friday Night Sew-In fun??

Cath Ü said...

nice work... glad you told me what it is going to be though ... I was trying to work it out..LOL
Cath Ü

Elena said...

Love your idea with recycling!
And looking forward for your stitching process!

Karan said...

Good start for the stitch-in. It's fun to see the ORT jars - can't join in though, as I've been collecting mine for years.... donate them to the birdies for nest lining. :0)