Sunday 8 February 2009

Mackintosh Solo

I got my relaxing afternoon and continued with the long stitch Mackintosh. I managed to get it finished just after dinner. This was a really relaxing project to stitch and I just love the colours.

It was stitched on 22 count canvas using Paterna Persian stranded wool. This is one that definitely will have to be framed.

Once I had completed this, I continued with J's jumper. The front is now about 4cms short of the neck shaping. Hopefully, the front will be completed by tonight.

The boys are out for the day, I'm not sure yet what I am going to do. I think it may be another block for the Wolhemel blanket, but I am definitely going to make the best of the peace and quiet.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...Ihave missed so many of your posts. It was great to catch up and see all you have accomplished! Love the Macintosh and your blanket blocks are coming along nicely. As always beautifully done.

Miriam said...

A very nice project! I love the colours too.

Patricia Lessell said...

I love the Macintosh project both the design and the colors. Love Patti xxx

Rudee said...

This is beautiful. It looks like a piece of stained glass. Enjoy the piece and quiet.

stitchersanon said...

Wow, that is really really pretty. Very nice.

zetor said...

That is such a pretty project. The colours are so calming, it will be beautiful framed.

Karan said...

Lovely piece - very pretty colours. Hope you had a nice relaxing day. :0)

MargB said...

Gorgeous! gorgeous!

Karan said...

You have an award - please check out my blog for details. :0)

Terry said...

That came out great! I love the soft colors...it's so calming to look at! :0)

Elena said...

Wow! This is a piece of an art!!! Love it!!! I would frame it too without questions!