Wednesday 8 June 2011

Reunited with the Sewing Machine

The last couple of weeks seem to have been rather hectic.  There was housework I could no longer ignore that needed to be done and it's been a busy time with the boys, so time at home has been at a premium.  It was so lovely to be able to spend some time with the sewing machine before an appointment yesterday.

This is a project that should have been done last month, it's Mays UFO project, but it's better late than never.

The joined blocks are made up from leftovers from the jelly roll quilt I made last year.  I managed to find some fabric at a reduced price from the same line to create the panels and borders.
 So far I've quilted in the ditch around the centre panels, but I am thinking of doing another one around the centre block.  I shall see how I feel before the binding goes on.
The backing fabric was also on offer, so I can't complain.  Now I am just waiting for some binding fabric so I can get this one labelled and finished.

7 comments:

Amy said...

Oooo....that blue flower print is lovely! Glad you took some time for you and quilting :0)

Annie said...

Love those blues (my favorite color). You make your time with the machine sound like a re-union with a long lost lover!

Terry said...

Good for you getting some sewing done! And even better using up the leftovers of your jelly roll! :0)

Anonymous said...

Housework sucks!
This is so lovely. The panels are adorable.

Rudee said...

Anytime brown meets blue (or even green), it makes me happy. I really like the blue woven flower fabric.

Wendy said...

This is very lovely......glad you had some sewing time......

Maggi said...

That was a good buy for the backing fabric, it looks so cheerful. Nice use of the jelly roll leftovers.