Friday 29 October 2010

More Fabric Baskets

After having a clear out of the fabric scraps the other week, and having all the 21/2" squares in one place, I thought I'd better put them to good use.  I decided to make some more fabric baskets, but I didn't follow the tutorial this time.  I've developed my own way of doing them that is simpler and easier for me.

These are slightly larger than the ones I've done before, as the others were made using 2" squares.  Once I sorted the squares, I went through my stash of fabrics to find co-ordinating fabrics for the handles and linings.  I haven't had to buy anything new to make these, and I have one more to finish.  After doing this many, they have got a lot quicker to put together.  The longest time was rearranging the squares after the kittens had decided to help!

Now to decide what to put in the baskets...

11 comments:

Annie said...

Those look great! And isn't it wonderful to be able to make them from what you already have. I'm sure you will put them to good use.

Angela said...

These are great. They look like the perfect size for storing more fabric to me!

Terry said...

They look great! So pretty and springy! :0)

Sue said...

Those baskets are lovely. It is always good to work out a way of doing things that suits you. I understand the kitten help. Lestat was helping me when I was pinning up a throw earlier tonight.

Rudee said...

I love those baskets. Even better, it's all done from stash. Kudos to you!

Knitting Linguist said...

Those are darling! What a fun project - and so useful :)

Maddy*Moo said...

What lovely baskets!!!!! It's always nice when you find everything you need at home.

Sandy said...

What a cute gift idea!

Anonymous said...

How cute are these baskets - I'd be putting sweets or biscuits in them for Christmas presents!
Jane, I haven't been able to visit your blog much since you upgraded your template. For some reason today I could get in. My computer and OS is so old now that it can't download websites with a lot of graphics, so I'm missing out on more and more online. Guess a new computer will be happening eventually..

Gina E. said...

Sorry - that anonymous comment was mine...don't know what happened there!
Gina

Karan said...

These really are pretty, as well as being useful. :0)