Monday 13 July 2009

The Phoenix has arisen

Well Friday didn't exactly turn out the way I had planned. The morning went well, then after lunch, I closed my eyes for what I told my boys, would be a ten minute nap.

Two hours later, they told me that was a long 10 minutes! Hmmm, think I was tired. Try again Saturday and Sunday.

Sunday, I was so close to finishing, I told the boys dinner would be in the evening, not the middle of the day. They were fantastic and made cheese on toast for lunch so I could keep stitching. They even kept a steady supply of tea coming. At 4.30 yesterday afternoon, there was a big cheer.
It was all done and I could get it ready to go on the next leg of it's journey.
The design I used was a modification of a design from the Magical Cross Stitch book. These aren't usually my first choice of designs, but there are a few in there I might give a go. What is good about this book, they give suggestions on adaptations of the patterns and I am definitely going to give the mirror surrounds a go - one day!
Once this was out the way, I needed something simple for the evening. I started this scarf, no thinking required. Plain stocking stitch with garter border and I just keep going until the wool runs out. This is will be the perfect project to take with me when I have to take the boys out, though there won't be much of that for a few weeks. They are away for about two weeks from Thursday.
Now where's my list of things to do while they are away

11 comments:

stitchersanon said...

Your sons sound wonderful. Great lads.
The phoenix is beautiful, I can see why Daniel would like to keep it.
Bugger....I had better start that ruddy Alla Turka hadn't I...and I really am not in the mood for it ;-(

Annie said...

Love the phoenix. The colors are so pretty. Looks like a fun stitch.

Sue said...

You have brought up two lovely sons. The phoenix is stunning. A fantastic job. Love the scarf. I'm using some pink ostrich yarn similar to that in a scarf with purple eyelash yarn....Sometimes plain garter stitch is just what we need!

Kucki68 said...

The phoenix turned out really nice!

Terry said...

Oh it's beautiful!! Well done! :0)

Elena said...

Wow! The phoenix is beautiful! Very beautiful colors and amazing stitching!
It is wonderful that your boys help you!

Knitting Linguist said...

Ooh, it's gorgeous! And it sounds like the boys were just perfect, too -- they clearly understand the desire to finish something so beautiful :)

Rudee said...

It's so pretty, Jane. Nicely done.

Gina E. said...

FANTASTIC!!! Tansy will be blown away!!

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Jane, your Phoenix is gorgeous. I have No idea how you could stitch something like this. Heaps of work for sure. Your boys sound like sweeties. Hugs Judy

Karan said...

Lovely lads! Fantastic finish too - love it. Pretty scarf. Bet you get lots of things done - have fun. :0)