Friday 13 February 2009

Time to fill

I always take something with me to do when I take the boys to their different activities. I hate sitting and doing nothing, as you may have realised by now. Yesterday, was swimming and I knew there would beup to three hours to fill.

To keep busy yesterday, I took my book and the fabric postcards to stitch together. Trouble was, I finished my book, stitched the postcards and still had an hour to spare. It was all I could do, not to drag the boys from the pool to come home. I even ran out of information leaflets to read.With this card, I just slip stitched the back and front together with stiff interfacing in the centre to add a bit of weight. This is my favourite way of finishing my cards.

I finished this one a little differently. As the picture had been quilted, I decided to finish it like a quilt. I'm not sure if I will do this again, I'm in two minds about it, but that is the joy of these postcards, great for experimenting.

I have also managed to do some knitting on J's jumper. The back is almost half done, I'm going to try and finish the back by the end of the weekend.

6 comments:

Rudee said...

I like the finishing. That kitty looks just like my daughter's cat, Bentley.

Knitting Linguist said...

Ooh, there's nothing worse than being stuck at a kid's sports practice with nothing to do! I usually keep a book tucked away in one of my project bags, just in case :)

Nancy G said...

love the mouse!

miss said...

I love the quilted look. It really sets off the peice and makes it look great.

Elena said...

Very pretty! I love that tiny mouse!!!

Karan said...

Two lovely finishes. :0)