Tuesday 10 February 2009

Alla Turca Part Two

Last week, on the Yahoo Group Stitchersheaven, the second part of the Alla Turca SAL was released. I had a lovely time yesterday stitching and managed to complete the whole of the second part before I went to bed. It's going to seem a long time before part 3 will be released.

The snow here, shows no sign of disappearing. Every time it begins to melt, we get more. The problem is, it is usually falling on ice. Fortunately, we don't have to go anywhere today, so hopefully the pavements will have time to improve by tomorrow.

I think it will be a perfect day for staying indoors and knitting, or stitching. It's a toss up between another blanket block or working on my exchange piece. We'll see what takes my fancy once I have made my bread.

10 comments:

Rudee said...

Weather is always a good reason to stay indoors and do what suits your fancy. Today, it is 14C and sunny. There is still snow on the ground, but it's lovely.

stitchersanon said...

What a beautiful cross stitch...I wish I had discovered blogging earlier then I might have been in time for things like this and the BP SAL...
ah well...maybe next year

miss said...

Oh what a gorgoues design and lovely colours. I hope the weather improves for you soon.

Anonymous said...

It's been a long cold winter. And I don't think it is finished yet. We had a lovely 60 degree F. day today, but it's going cold again. But perhaps spring is right around the corner. A good time now to stay in and stitch.

Patricia Lessell said...

I would hibernate if I could all winter long and have been doing a pretty good job of it lately but tomorrow I'm out.

I love what you have done so far it looks so pretty and thank you so much for sharing. Can't wait for the next part to come out so we can see what it is and what you have done. Love Patti xxx

nutmegg said...

looking good..it has a delicate look about it.

Elena said...

Gorgoeus stitching! Hope that the weather will be better!

Sue said...

Your stitching is beautiful! I only have a couple of memories about snow in England (I was 5 when I came out here)...and one was slipping and cracking my head on a front door step due to snow over ice! Do you make bread by hand or with a breadmaker? I bought a bread maker after my one and only attempt at breadmaking was so horrible even the birds wouldn't eat it! lol

Karan said...

This looks lovely. Am collecting the chart but trying to resist starting it - need to get NW finished first. :0)

stitchersanon said...

Yo are a bad influence!!! I have joined the group and now will be adding this SAL to my list (((hugs))

lol
gaynor