Monday 23 February 2009

I started

I did start my sea embroidery-I got as far as transferring the pattern to the fabric! It's on the frame ready for the stitching to start. I also transferred some initials to serviettes to embroider for the boys. They got very excited just seeing the transfer. I will let them chose the colours they want and will satin stitch the initials for them.

I have been wanting to do something on these serviettes for about four months, so quite pleased that I am getting closer to getting them done. I have two others serviettes waiting to be embroidered. I need to choose the designs for them.

I decided I would carry on with J's jumper as I was so close to finishing. I have finished knitting the sleeve, so today I will sew it together and start on the neck. I am getting close to the end of the wool, so I may be forced to stop and wait until Wednesday. It will be such a shame to have to buy a 100g ball for such a small bit of knitting.

9 comments:

Miriam said...

What a nice design has the sea embroidery!

Patricia Lessell said...

I love the design on the sea embroidery. I also think the initials on the napkins is a great idea for kids. Well thought out. Patti xxx

zetor said...

On the sea embroidery I can see blues, greens, corals and gols. That and the napkins will look so lovely.

Rudee said...

It will be beautiful. I like the shells.

Paula Hewitt said...

i like the seashell design - its going to look great with your new threads.

Knitting Linguist said...

How fun! Those are going to look great :) I'll keep my fingers crossed that the wool holds out...

nutmegg said...

I love the ocean, the design is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Your embroideries will be lovely. What a nice design you have chosen. And the initials for the boys are a good idea. Hope your eyes are all healed by now.

Elena said...

The design is gorgeous, Jane!