Sunday 9 November 2008

What I've been doing this week

Thank you to everyone for their get well wishes. My eyes are getting better but by they end of the day they are beginning to feel quite sore.

I have managed to do some knitting though and I have been good and have been taking breaks.As you can see, some of the breaks have been enforced! I think the yarn meets with her approval.

This is a jacket I started a couple of years ago. I am not quite sure why I didn't get very far as it is quite a straight forward pattern. All I can think of, is that life got in the way.

I am using Capricorn Mohair in two slightly different shades of lilac. Both colours are used together. The yarn is 82% mohair, 9% wool and 9% nylon.
This shows the texture of the pattern. It means it should be very warm to wear.
When I took this out, I had done about four inches. Over the last few days I have managed to get to the armhole shaping and hope to complete the back today.
First, I have this weeks quota on Lakeland to do-after I run out to get the washing in. It's raining!




6 comments:

Ginnie said...

I like the mohair wool - lovely colour. Glad your eyes are a little better.

stitchersanon said...

What a fantastic photograph...lovely. Happy knitting!

Rudee said...

You'll be so happy to have finished that. It gives me hope for my unfinished projects. I love the color and that's pretty good stitch definition for something with so much mohair for content.

Elena said...

Glad you are feeling better! Love your little helper! This yarn looks so warm and comfy!

Karoline said...

How comfy LOL :) Glad you're feeling better

Jane said...

That yarn looks great. I love the colour!!