Thursday 13 November 2008

And a right front

I must say am very pleased to have managed to finish the right front. I was out most of yesterday so didn't get to sit down until the evening to knit. I knitted the rest tonight. Let's hope I can get a good run and get the sleeves done over the weekend. If I can do that, I'll be a happy lady.

On a personal note, I just have to tell you how proud I am of my eldest son.

He will be twelve in a couple of weeks and for the last eight weeks he has been on a MEND (Mind, Exercise, Nutrition, Do It) programme. This was because he was concerned about his weight. The goal of the programme was to lose inches around his waist by increasing activity and eating properly and the correct amounts. He was measured at the beginning and end of the programme.

Over the eight weeks he has grown 1.5 cms, lost 7cms around his waist and lost 3.2kgs in weight (almost half a stone). I can't tell you how proud I am of all the hard work he has done to achieve this. I am hoping this will be something he will continue even though the programme is finished.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kudos to your son. It's a difficult thing to do. I am proud of any young person who can have the determination to do something like this. Love your sweater.

Kucki68 said...

Just don't get too comfortable on Sleeve Island and you will have a cardi in no time. It's shaping up really nicely!

Anonymous said...

From someone who works at MEND, can I say 'Thank you' for saying good things about us on your blog. Can I just add that the programme is free, and is available across UK.

I would appreciate if you could post the link to our website in your blog so that others could benefit from it too (www.mendprogramme.org).

Rudee said...

You're coming along fast on that sweater and it looks pretty. Congratulations to your son. If he likes what he sees, he is likely to keep it up.

Knitting Linguist said...

The sweater is looking great. And congratulations to your son -- it's hard to change some of those habits, and I bet he's feeling really proud of himself. :)

Anonymous said...

congratulations to your son. he should be proud of himeself. now if only i could follow in his footsteps...

Elena said...

I am very glad for your son! It is amazing how our kids can reach some results in what an adult maybe won't have a power wheel to inforce themselfs!

Karan said...

Major well done to your DS!
Thoroughly enjoying my catch up - lovely finishes & gifts. :0) Can't believe it's been so long since I last stopped by!