The embroidery on the "skirt" piece has been done. Buttons have been attached, using the same method as shisha mirrors, and then turned into flowers with a bit of running stitch detail. This is now being damp stretched before the next stage.
In the meantime, I did some machine embroidery on some scrim in preparation to make dangly bits. All will become clear in due time. This is waiting to be damp stretched, but I didn't have enough room on my board.
Pretty bows were next, these will be tied on for decoration, but where is for another day.
In preparation for a smocked piece, I've printed a vintage transfer to some silk and stitching has begun. Hopefully, more progress will be made today.