After the practising FMQ on small pieces, I thought it was about time to try it on a bigger quilt. I think it might have been a good idea to try a lap quilt, rather than a full sized quilt, it was hard work!
This quilt was one of the Mystery Monday quilts I did, and I managed to find a cotton sheet from a charity shop for the backing.
It took hours sat at the machine and was heavy going at times, but eventually it was done. I didn't do anything fancy, just loops and waves. I didn't want anything too precise for the first attempt.
When I'd finished, I was a bit disappointed with the effect, but glad I'd tried. I was sure the next one I did would be straight lines!
Then I put it in the machine, washed it and dried it, and it looked completely different. It had that love scrunched up look that makes quilts look so cuddly. Maybe the strain had been worth it after all! I have another quilt to sandwich, and then it will be time to decide, straight lines or FMQ.