Thursday 2 December 2010

Pot Holders

I bought some heat resistant batting a couple of weeks ago, so now I've made my first pot holders.

These were fun to do, so I might make some more in the future.  I'd love to make an oven mitt too, so watch this space.

We have had quite a bit of the white stuff now.  Buses weren't running yesterday so that meant a day home for us all, not that I had intended going out.  The shopping didn't get delivered, so we're hoping that the village shop will be able to stock up on essentials soon.  The boys won't be going swimming today but at least I have a good excuse to stay tucked up indoors.

6 comments:

Angela said...

Your potholders are lovely. We're hoping to have a new kitchen next year so I'm looking forward to stitching up lots of new stuff for it when it's done.

Rudee said...

I'm amazed at the weather all around the world lately.

The colors in these potholders are so pretty and vivid. I love them!

Tudy said...

We have a dusting of snow which is just fine with me. I will stay in as much as possible. Love your pot holders. I have not made any lately because of the bias trim. I can do it but it never seems to come out the way I want it to. Keep warm.

Terry said...

Nice potholders! Hope you can get your hands on some groceries somewhere! I know how much your boys like to eat! LOL

Annie said...

More pretty purple things! I keep hearing about snow from everyone. Too early!

Serena Lewis said...

I love your pot-holders! LOVE purples! We saw on the news here that England is getting a lot of snow....much cosier indoors anyways. :)