Monday 4 April 2011

Rainbow Scrap Challenge-purple

The colour chosen for this month's Rainbow Scrap Challenge is purple.  Having gone through all my fabric, there wasn't a lot of purple to play with.  I'm not sure if I should be happy or sad, but it won't mean there will be a lack of things for me to do.

As I didn't have much to play with, I thought it might be a good idea to use some of the ideas from the Small Quilt Talk Yahoo Group.  I went back through the files and went back to Challenge 1 for the blocks.  Even though I knew these were small quilts, the 11/2" squares were still a surprise.

I just made as many blocks as the fabric let me, and as there were only four of each, I've made it into a table topper.

I did have enough of the heat proof batting, but no fabric for the backing.  This will have to go and sit in the unfinished pile for a little while, but I did enjoy making some small blocks.

13 comments:

Angela said...

This is really nice, those tiny blocks are so cute!

Elena said...

So glad that you enjoyed making it! Lovely quilt!

Terry said...

Very pretty! Those are some small little squares now! LOL

Annie said...

Love those colors. You have a good eye for combinations.

Rudee said...

I love the purple. I think it looks just right!

Anonymous said...

I love these teeny tiny blocks. You must have an enormous amount of patience.

Ellen said...

Very nice colour combinations!

Terry said...

very pretty purple nine patches. imagine a bedsize quilt with blocks that size. HUM?

Sandy said...

Looks springy....very pretty. Those are some small squares!

Serena Lewis said...

This turned out so pretty, Jane! I love the colour combo ~ :)

Gina E. said...

That colour combination is stunning!

Anonymous said...

Just love the colours.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I like the block. I might be able to do the same, but I doubt I could get so many blocks. Maybe a square table topper. Thanks for the idea.