Sunday 31 January 2010

Parchment Gift Box


I haven't done any pergamano craft for a while, so decided to have a little play and see what I could do.

I made this little gift box, and although there were a couple of glitches, it has come out as it should.  Now I know what I am doing, the next one should be easier. 

Gaynor also sent me a book about parchment craft, which I have read, so I hoping to work my way through it and learn some new techniques.  Who knows, I might even be able to manage to do some of the lace designs.

11 comments:

Annie Bee said...

Beautiful. I have always wanted to have a go at something like that but just never got around to it.

stitchersanon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
stitchersanon said...

The lace is so easy...you just make the holes and then use curved scissors to cut between the holes or if the holes are close together, you just pull the paper away.
I will have another hunt for the scissors I had. I know they must be around somewhere daft lol
Sorry...I had to remove the previous post.. a typo had turned the word holes into a rude word ;-(

Rudee said...

It's gorgeous.

Terry said...

I've never seen anything like that! Well done! :0)

Miriam said...

This is really beautiful and it will be a very nice gift. Was it a lot of work?

Linda said...

Pergo what? I've never seen or heard of this before. This is lovely. Is it just working with parchment paper to make different shapes?

You are so talented, you can do anything. Lovely work. Hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

That is really lovely - the colours are so pretty!

Elena said...

Absolutely gorgeous! You did a fantastic job on this project!

Cheryl said...

This is so pretty and interesting. I've seen the technique shown more in Europe than here in the states. Just beautiful!

Karan said...

Ooo this is gorgeous. :0)