Sunday 24 January 2010

Another Waistcoat


Back last year Loulee sent me a bag of Wendy Moiselle that she wasn't able to use.  I looked around and found a pattern and have eventually got round to knitting it up.  Once I started, it didn't take too long to do.

It's quite an unusual yarn, fibre wrapped in ribbon which makes for an interesting texture.


A twisted cord is used for fastening.  The boys faces were a picture when I made the cord.  It was if I had performed a magic trick.  Nice to know I can surprise them from time to time.


9 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Wow that's lovely - Mum's can do anything :)

Annie Bee said...

Such a gorgeous colour and unusual texture. Don't you love it when kids are blown away by what Mum's can do.

Nic said...

That looks great - love the colour.

I bought some of this yarn recently in the Atkinson's sale - what's it like to knit with? I only bought four balls, so I won't be making anything as impressive as your waistcoat though.

Terry said...

Love the color of this one! Well done! :0)

stitchersanon said...

wow what a strange wool! I think I would be impressed by twisted cord too lol

Rudee said...

That's some beautiful fiber there, Jane. I love the colors.

Annie said...

Very pretty. Looks like it would hard to use, but I guess you didn't find that to be true. Great job!

Elena said...

Love the texture of this fiber!

Karan said...

I love this - gorgeous colours. Reminds me of honey & toffee... or that crunchie bar. Looks all touchy-feely too. :0)