Wednesday 8 April 2009

My first pin keep

This was my very first attempt at a pin keep. Gaynor has received it and is happy, so I am too, even if I couldn't make up my mind on how to finish the ribbon.

I did learn some lessons from making this. Next time I will use thicker cardboard in the centre, I think it will help to give it more stability. I will try it when I put my second together, possibly Friday.

I did get some more knitting done yesterday and now have two fronts to go with the back of the foxy jacket. I have started a sleeve so hope to get that done today.

I have to take DS2 to the craft shop today to get him a project to do over the weekend. It was his request when I asked him what he wanted to do when big brother was away. I think I can cope with that sort of activity.

12 comments:

Kucki68 said...

What a wonderful pinkeep, very lovely! I think the light ribbon looks very nice with the rest.

Karan said...

Very lovely pinkeep - one of my fave finishes. have fun at the craft shop. :0)

Rudee said...

It's a very nice pinkeep. I wish I could do this kind of work. You're very multitalented.

Elena said...

I love how you attached the ribbon around! Those little beads are so cute! Very nice and elegant touch!

Patricia Lessell said...

Your first pinkeep is really lovely and I think you and DS2 are in for a great weekend. Love Patti xxx

zetor said...

Pinkeep is very pretty.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely pattern for a pinkeep. Nice work.

Karen said...

I love the term ''pin keep'' is it another word for pin cushion? I just noticed how many blogs you have on your profile......how do you do it???

Karen said...

I love the term ''pin keep'' is it another word for pin cushion? I just noticed how many blogs you have on your profile......how do you do it???

Karen said...

I love the term ''pin keep'' is it another word for pin cushion? I just noticed how many blogs you have on your profile......how do you do it???

Karen said...

sorry about the three comments....I must still be delerious!!

Cheryl said...

Your pinkeep is just wonderful, and I love the verse on it.I haven't been doing much handwork lately, and when I see yours, I always get tempted to pull mine out!