Friday 10 April 2009

A day for finishes

It was really strange here with just D, no bickering and relative peace and quiet. This was very conducive to getting things finished.

The first off the list were the biscornus. The beads have now been added, so they are finally complete and ready to be posted. Once they reach their various destinations, I will show you the finished articles. They are definitely better than the first one I attempted. My second pin keep is complete too. I was able to find some fabric in my stash for the back, and also some ribbon for the edge. These are easier to put together once you know how.
The foxy jacket got finished too. I had to knit the collar this morning and then sew it all together. The sleeves seemed to go on forever, but it is very warm.

I was going to knit the foxy shawl, but I didn't have the right size needles. Instead, I started another jumper for J, in black! So far, the ribbing for the back has been knitted and I am ready to start the mock rib pattern for the back. I am going to try to do this without him realising, as a surprise. Wonder how successful that will be.
I missed delivery of my new sewing machine Thursday. It would have been helpful if I had known that was the day they were coming, but the card says it will be delivered the next working day. I am hoping that will be tomorrow and not Tuesday, I want to be able to play with it. I have a list of things to make when it arrives. Looking forward to going and getting some fabric.

9 comments:

Annie said...

Your pinkeep is just perfect. I've only made one and I wasn't so happy with it.

The jacket is a real stunner! Hope the warm weather doesn't hit too fast so there won't be waiting to wear it.

miss said...

oh your little pin keep is just adorable and that jacket is gorgeous

Rudee said...

I love your foxy jacket-it's very glamorous.

stitchersanon said...

Pinkeep is lovely...and so is the jacket! Very cosy!
Hope your machine comes today

Gaynor

Terry said...

Your foxy jacket looks wonderful! You did a great job on it! The pinkeep is pretty too! :0)

Anonymous said...

What a lovely shimmery foxy jacket. As Rudee said, it is truly glamorous! Makes me want to reach through the photo and touch it!

Karan said...

Look forward to when we can see pics of the biscornus. Very nice pinkeep (my favourite finish) & the jacket looks gorgeous. Hope the new sm has been delivered OK. :0)

Elena said...

I love the jacket you created! So beautiful!!!
Your pinkeeps are so cute!
Hope that the sewing machine will come soon!

loulee said...

Hi Lou, just breaking my lurk mode to ask which pattern you used for this. It looks beautiful.