Saturday 27 December 2008

A quick check in

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that has left greetings over the last couple of weeks. I hope everyone has had an enjoyable time with their families.

I was going to show you a beautiful fabric postcard I received from Australia last week, but I have packed it! I finished J's bedroom and moved him back in, and then have packed up the front room in readiness to start here as the boys are away. Safely tucked away is the postcard, so I will have to show you when I have finished.

Amongst all the activity here, I have managed to finish the back of D's jumper and we have decided on a shawl collar. I am almost up to the raglan shaping on the front. Pictures to follow in a later post.

I have managed to catch up on a few blogs, but it is taking a long time to catch up with everyone. I am really looking forward to getting back into a routine and being inspired by everyone.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend

7 comments:

Rudee said...

I don't know how you do it-all this redoing of things-in the middle of the holidays. Just the big cleanings are enough to make me swoon. I need to think about your method. It may actually be a perfect time to change things up. You seem to be enjoying it all and it sounds like you'll have the perfect nest in which to stay for the rest of winter.

Elena said...

Glad to hear from you Wendy! Can't wait to see the postcard!

Angela said...

Sounds like you are super busy at the moment, I don't think I'd be brave enough to tackle anything more strenuous than the washing up at the moment, and even that's puching it, lol!

miss said...

wow you do sound busy. that postcard sounds wonderful

Miriam said...

With pleasure I have read your blog this year and of course I hope to be inspired next year as well by your work.

A healthy 2009 for you and your family, Miriam, the Netherlands

Knitting Linguist said...

I can't believe everything you've gotten done! Happy new year! :)

Linda said...

Hey girl, I hope you are doing ok and haven't worked yourself to the bone getting that house together. I sure miss your postings. Take care and Happy New Year...