Sunday 29 June 2008

A Day of Preparation

It's been a funny sort of day today. Seem to have been busy most of the day and not a lot to show for it.

There have been lots of projects I have signed up for and I thought it would be a good idea to get all my bits sorted so I could see exactly what I had and could easily put my hand on the project in hand. By the end of the day, projects in progress had their own bag or folder. So something good has been achieved, and a shopping list has been written.

The first project to be sorted was for the summer challenge on the Hand Embroidery Blog. I had to get the patterns transferred onto fabric so they were ready for embroidery.

First of all, I had to print the patterns from the computer. Two were the wrong size, they were too big, but D is going to use them to do applique pictures. The others were printed and then cut out and taped to the window.




They were then traced onto the fabric. I am using some plain calico, as I think I will incorporate the pieces in the patchwork quilt.

The first one I will stitch is the pansy.

As you can see, the threads are selected and the fabric stretched ready to go.



It even has its own folder to keep clean and tidy.





The other project I am going to start this week is on Stichin Fingers with the needlepoint group. This is something I am really looking forward to. I love needlepoint and really want to be able to improve in my abilities.

The canvas has been stretched and I have some threads from my stash suitable, but need to get some pearle cotton this week.


I then turned attention to the crazy patchwork that I am going to use as a base for the Take a Stitch Tuesday.

I added a border and some antique lace. I'm not exactly sure where the lace came from, but it came from the bits I got from my mum. I still need to get some threads to use with this, but I did find some today when I was sorting through a box. I'll show them when I begin the stitching. I only have four weeks to catch up!




I even got D ready for his Take a Stitch Tuesday. His aida is all ready on the frame and he will choose some thread when we go shopping next week.




Now I might get a bit of cross stitching down while the boys watch the football. I think that Spain is the favourite in this house.

1 comment:

Karan said...

Wow, you are organised - seriously impressed here! Will have to pinch that idea for pre-sorting some of my small projects, ready for a quick start. :0)