It's difficult to believe that the starting point for this project was a card. Thanks to Karen's class, it's developed from a study in colour, until I've come to this point,
a completed cushion.
The flowers have been hand painted, as well as the "stitched" border. I've added the purple fabric, and then done some basic quilting.
The back is a simple envelope style. Once that had been sewn on, I then went around the whole cushion with another quilting row, just inside the outer edge. This forms a bound edge.
This is a very large cushion, and as I'm pleased with the way it turned out, I may do some more, but smaller, and maybe develop some of the ideas further.