Thursday 13 October 2011

21 Months

That's the length of time from start to finish for this quilt.  I started making the blocks in January 2010 and finally got the binding on yesterday.
I didn't have a whole piece for the back, so I did a pieced back.  To the piece of yellow, I used what I had left of the fabric from the block borders.

I used some brown for the binding, and in the end, got a quilt with a real autumn feel.  I've gone from hating the blocks, as they weren't brilliantly made, to loving the resulting quilt.  I am sure it will be getting plenty of use over the next few months.

I have one remaining block from this quilt, so the aim is to make it into a cushion cover.  Hopefully, illnesses permitting, that will be done this week, not many more months down the line.

7 comments:

Terry said...

It doesn't seem like it was that long ago you were making the blocks! But time sure does fly. It looks wonderful and just in time for the colder weather too! Congratulations on getting it finished! :0)

Annie said...

It looks wonderful! Really works so well for this time of year. Small mistakes will never show up in a larger piece like that and, as you know, we all spot them in our own work where no one else ever sees them.

Tudy said...

I like the colors in it. You will be kept warm with it this winter.

Karen said...

it's wonderful Jane....who is ill???

Rudee said...

In a word? Gorgeous!

Lorna @scrapsnscribbles/letssewit said...

fantastic well done xperedner

Anonymous said...

An epic quilt but well worth the wait. Just lovely and perfect for this chilly weather.