Tuesday 10 July 2012

Another one done

I'm gradually working my way through the quilt tops that need to be completed and made up.  This one has been there for some time, I think I did the centre some time last year.
Do you remember this little fellow?  It's hand stitched, then raw edged appliqued onto the cloud fabric. 

I had enough of the dark blue leftover from Jonathan's quilt to do the binding, I just had to buy some for the backing.  Sunday was spent sandwiching it together, quilting, binding and finishing.  It's now been washed and dried and ready to hang on the wall or to be used by a little man sometime, somewhere.

8 comments:

Sue said...

Jane, you have done a marvellous job. It is really lovely.

Terry said...

A great nautical theme quilt.

Anonymous said...

very nice,well done.xx

Tudy said...

Very nice. Good job done.

Terry said...

I remember this one now that I've seen it! Good job getting it finished off! :0)

Gina E. said...

Yes I do remember that little stitchery. It is perfect in that setting!

Fiona said...

perfect way to use the stitchery... love all the flying 'geese' planes around the edge....
Hugz

Unknown said...

This is so jaunty and vintage. Love it.