Thursday 25 August 2011

Crochet Blocks

While I was away, the next four issues of the Art of Crochet arrived.  In my attempt to clear up, I thought I'd get the four blocks crocheted up and the magazines and folders would be away for another month.  This took a little longer that I'd first anticipated.
 The four blocks didn't take long to do, but it was then time to stitch up the next quarter of the afghan.

It took the rest of the afternoon and evening to sew all these blocks together.  Now I need to join the two quarters I have and I'll get to see what half the afghan will look like.  I do know there is going to be quite a bit of weight in it which will be perfect for the winter evenings.

8 comments:

Sue said...

It is really growing, isn't it? Looking good, too!

Terry said...

It's great to see your blocks put together! It does look like it will be quite warm to sit under! :0)

Tudy said...

You are coming right along with the afghan. I just hate putting blocks together.

Rudee said...

The afghan is so pretty. I agree with Tudy--hate putting blocks together.

Maggi said...

It is growing nicely an you are going to be so cosy this winter. everyone will be wanting a share if we have weather like last year.

Linda said...

Wow, this looks great. I don't like sewing blocks together either but I sure like the looks of this one. Great job!

Serena Lewis said...

It's looking beautiful...well done!

Anonymous said...

This is going to be perfect for snuggling under. Lovely.