Sunday 27 March 2011

Spring Lambs

Last week, I got to the situation that all my hand projects that I had prepared were all finished and I the embroidery projects I wanted to do next needed me to buy some supplies.  I  don't like sitting in the evening without having something to do, so I got out one of my old magazines and did this little cross stitch.

It brought a bit of spring into the house.

Once it was finished, I searched through all my card mounts and found this pale green card.  I cut an oval of wadding to go behind the stitching to give a padded effect, now someone can have spring all year round.

9 comments:

Ninu said...

looks very beautiful!

Rudee said...

Adorable! I know what you mean about idle hands.

Terry said...

What sweet little lambs! :0)

Terry said...

Great sign of spring !

Elena said...

Oh, how precious! I love the pastel look of this cross-stitched card!

Karen said...

I can't sit without something in my hands either. This is so pretty.

Nima said...

wow..so sweet and cute

Gina E. said...

Oh, gorgeous! Some of those freebies that come with magazines are great for quick gifts and cards. I have read about padding the back of cards like that, but I always forget to do it, as I'm usually in a hurry to finish cards off for someone. But I can see the difference it makes, so again you have inspired me to go one step further in my crafty projects :-)

Deepa said...

Beautiful!! Jane,can you show the inside of the card?