Friday 5 November 2010

In Progress

I didn't get out to do my shopping as DS1 wasn't well and we stayed home.  Instead I began work on the next quilt.

All twelve blocks are made up and are waiting to be sewn into rows. 

 DS1 has decided, he is going ice skating today no matter how he feels, so I'm going to have to put this in the waiting pile.

All the dishcloth and face cloths have been knitted and crocheted, so I looked for another simple fun project to do.  These envelope style lavender sachets were the result.

I used a pin to prick holes for the scent to come through.  It must have looked fun, as  DS2 came to join.   I don't have a lot of lavender left now, so I may have to go and find some more pretty paper and make enough envelopes  to use it up.

10 comments:

Annie said...

Those bears are so cute!

The sachets are a great a idea for a quick project.

Hope DS1 is feeling better and can enjoy his skating.

Ginnie said...

Quilt is looking good. Hope your son was feeling better.

Karan said...

Hope DS1 is feeling much better today. The new quilt is going to be a cute one. Nice lavender sachets... one year I will get round to harvesting mine & doing something useful with it, though the bees do love it so. :0)

Terry said...

Oh that bear fabric is so cute! Those blocks are going to make an adorable quilt! :0)

Rudee said...

The lavender sachets are a good idea--hopefully the smells of it made your son feel better.

Terry said...

Well staying at home may have changed your plans but you used the time well.
Love the teddy bear blocks.
Hope all is well now.

Karen said...

hope he's feeling better! Did he miss the fireworks??

Elena said...

Love the bears on the quilt fabric! They are so cute! Great idea with the sachets. :)

Knitting Linguist said...

I love lavender sachets - they always make me think of summer. Hope DS1 is feeling better!

Unknown said...

I love lavender! I just picked the last of it out of our front garden!