Saturday 17 April 2010

Friday Night Sew In

I didn't decide until the last minute what I was going to do this week.  There was so much choice that I couldn't make up my mind.  I finally decided that I would stitch these two teddy bears on some calico.

They are stitch using madeira thread, three strands throughout.  It is mostly satin stitch, with backstitch outlining the ball and collar.

I started tea time, and carried on stitching until it was finished.  I was determined this was going to be done before I went to bed.  When I get the opportunity, this will be the front to a nursery bag.

10 comments:

Amy said...

Ohmy----I wouldn't even know where to begin a task like that; I don't "sew" {{other than on my sewing machine}}.

Karan said...

Oh these are adorable. Nice finishing idea too. :0)

Miriam said...

They are cute!

Terry said...

Cute bears! Your satin stitch looks so good! Mine is terrible! LOL

Karen said...

adorable!!

sophie said...

Adorable circus bears!

Linda said...

Such happy, cute bears! These will look great on that bag...have a great sewing weekend! hugs, Linda

Annie said...

They are just the cutest!

Anonymous said...

Wow...guess I haven't been online for a while. Daffodils, poppies, quilt block, balloons and bears!!! You sure have been busy. I love all of your work...but in this group my all time favorite is the balloons!!! All of your needlework is lovely, but this one is especially nice. Great job on ALL of the beautiful projects.

Cheryl said...

So, so sweet!! Great job.