Tuesday 16 March 2010

Two more sections

Having found my cream strips, it was back to the sewing maching to do some more blocks.  In the end there were enough to make two more completed sections.

I love seeing how each block seems to come out with it's own pattern.  It will be interesting to see how they all come together at the end.  If this is to be for my bed, I will need at least 17 more blocks.  I've checked, and they do look nice in the bedroom, so I think it's back to the cutting mat.
I need to buy some more of the cream fabric, but I can get on and cut some more of the patterned strips.  It's a lot easier on the back to do them in small batches.

9 comments:

loulee said...

That looks really good. I like the colours you've chosen. I'm still in two minds about starting one of these, I think it would end up too busy for my taste. I'll keep on watching yours to see how it goes.

zetor said...

So lovely!

Annie said...

And all the squares are matching up so perfectly. I suspect this will go faster and faster as you keep practicing. Very cool.

Terry said...

You're doing great with these! When you have your quilt done, you can start making blocks for mine!! LOL

Sue said...

Oh, it looks wonderful! That is it....I'd been in two minds whether to start one....but after seeing yours....YES I am!!!

Rudee said...

I can't wait to see it all together. They're beautiful!

Meg said...

Thanks for responding! I completely agree with your response, and I will continue to pursue both. Love the quilt.

Knitting Linguist said...

Oh, it's looking lovely! I can't wait to see the whole thing put together.

Karan said...

I love how this is coming together. At this rate you'll soon have a completed quilt for your bed. :0)