It was lovely to come in from the cold and sit and do some relaxing stitching. I haven't worked on this cross stitch for months and it was feeling neglected by the side of the settee. I only spent a couple of hours on it, but managed to get the S and T finished.
Wednesday, 30 November 2011
Tuesday, 29 November 2011
The intention was to do the last paper pieced block. However, my printer has decided it doesn't want to play anymore until I buy some more ink. How inconsiderate is that! As I couldn't print off the templates for the quilt block, I went back to the knitting and managed to get the child's socks finished.
Monday, 28 November 2011
Sunday, 27 November 2011
The extra balls arrived in the week, so I was able to get the next two pairs of socks finished.
These are shorter socks, but still big to fit size 11 feet
And these are the longer ribbed socks, still to fit big feet. Where have my little boys gone? Jonathan will be 15 this week and I sincerely hope that his feet won't be getting any bigger!
Thursday, 24 November 2011
I had been wondering if I was going to continue with the blocks in the "We can do it" sampler quilt, I'd lost a bit of enthusiasm along the way, getting distracted with other things. However, I thought I had done so many of them, and they had been good for using up fabric left over in my stash, it might be as well to continue. Maybe the paper piecing will grow on me.
If I get the time, it's another paper pieced block today.
I had three blocks to catch up on, this is the first, Minnesota.
If I get the time, it's another paper pieced block today.
Wednesday, 23 November 2011
A day when I could finish what I started!
I'd been keeping all my buttons protected in a bag since the end of the Buttons and More Classes, but I wanted them to be somewhere I could see them and be inspired by them. They can remind me of what can be done and to incorporated other buttons in future projects.
Monday, 21 November 2011
It's definitely one of those weeks this week. Lots of good intentions to get things done, thwarted at the last minute by running out of supplies.
There's the child's sock missing a toe,
A great size 11 missing a top of a foot, so while waiting for new yarn to arrive, it was back to the quilting. There were a couple of tops that needed backs piecing and putting together.
First, it was this one, but I didn't have enough black. I need to order some more, but in the meantime, fabric I had ordered was back in stock and arrived this week.
So out came this quilt and I pieced the back. I ironed the back and top ready for sandwiching, only to find, I didn't have enough batting! Do you ever feel things are conspiring against you?
The one good thing to come from the day, I think I have a layout for my button wallhanging. All I need now is a day at home to put it altogether.
Sunday, 20 November 2011
The next purse was slightly more of a challenge as I had to draw the pattern myself. In the end it didn't turn out too badly, although personally, I prefer the shape of the first one.
I used some fabric from my stash and coupled it with some white for the inside.
Thursday, 17 November 2011
The purple wool has all gone now, I am sure you'll be pleased to know, so now it's time for something different. The knitting is still going, but in a different colour, but I did have time to do something different. After the small purse I did a little while ago, I thought I'd like to try them again, but on a bigger scale.U-Handbag, and I must say, their instructions are fantastic. They are very clear and concise, with plenty of photos. It is a fiddly process getting the fabric body and clasp together, but once it's done, the results make it worthwhile.
Wednesday, 16 November 2011
It was surprising to see how far these ten balls went, but I am now glad to be knitting with a different colour. I'm even hoping I might get some sewing time in too.
Tuesday, 15 November 2011
Monday, 14 November 2011
Sunday, 13 November 2011
Saturday, 12 November 2011
Friday, 11 November 2011
Thursday, 10 November 2011
This theme is purple/blue and makes a change from the browns of the first couple I made.
Wednesday, 9 November 2011
Tuesday, 8 November 2011
Monday, 7 November 2011
Sunday, 6 November 2011
..... I made another, again using mostly brown tones.
Saturday, 5 November 2011
I saw these bags here and thought I'd have to make some, they were so pretty. I used some of the 21/2" squares I have from other projects and made them up for the front and backs.
I used some fabric from my stash for the lining, and a ribbon I'd saved
This can also go towards my Rainbow Scrap Challenge for this month, which I haven't been able to participate in for a few months. This month's colour is brown, and it's variations, and I seem to have a bit of that in this bag.
Friday, 4 November 2011
After enjoying knitting the last pair of socks, I fully intended to do more. A few weeks ago, I managed to get some of the yarn in the sale, so there is going to be bulk knitting of socks over the next few weeks. These would have been quicker to knit if I hadn't been ill, the first sock, had to be undone a couple of times as the foot was coming out the wrong side of the leg!
Thursday, 3 November 2011
These are the last of the buttons made for the Buttons and More class, although it doesn't mean the end of button making. I am sure some of these will surface again in the future.
Singleton button made in silk
Half and half, lace and silk with cross stitch, web stitch, whipped back stitch and bullion knots
Half and half, silk with lace, with lazy daisy, french knots and cross stitch
I've thoroughly enjoy the course, partaking and seeing the results from the other ladies taking part, I shall certainly be on the lookout to do more of Karen's classes in the future if the opportunity arises. Thanks, Karen, these two classes have been wonderful
Tuesday, 1 November 2011
I love the shape of pendibules, so decided I would make some myself.
Perfect for little gifts