Monday, 28 February 2011
Sunday, 27 February 2011
Saturday, 26 February 2011
Friday, 25 February 2011
The next heart from Raspberry Rabbits was released a couple of weeks ago. I've had it all traced out and ready to stitch, but got sidetracked. I had packed it very nicely to take with me to do while I was waiting for the children ice skating last week, but ended up reading and then talking to another mum.
Thursday, 24 February 2011
The last three blocks of the Raggedy blocks have been released. I have the blocks pieced, but need to trace and do the stitching.
It was quite satisfying to have all these blocks on the table at the same time, they were all the same size! Great progress has been made since the beginning of this project, long may it continue.
Wednesday, 23 February 2011
Tuesday, 22 February 2011
Monday, 21 February 2011
Sunday, 20 February 2011
Saturday, 19 February 2011
We had snow overnight, and it hasn't yet stopped this morning. I'm thinking it will be the perfect opportunity to get some sewing machine time in.
Wednesday, 16 February 2011
Tuesday, 15 February 2011
Twice in a about a week, my attention was pointed to this link to use up the small pieces of scrap fabric, or even not so small. It seemed such a good idea that I unexpectedly spent the day playing with them yesterday.
I love the being able to cut the squares at any angle to get some unusual blocks. Even the pieces of fabric I don't like, have taken on new life and become attractive. I've even used up the rest of the red scraps. All I have left in red, is some linen, some of which may get used later this week.
I have some rectangles ready to be made into something else, the other squares will go to make up a quilt. I still have some of the blocks left, so I'm thinking of cutting 31/2" squares from the pieces that are big enough. Once I have some more strips of fabric, I shall certainly be making some more.
Now to get back to the things I should be doing.
Thursday, 10 February 2011
This cross stitch is one of a pair. The first one I completed when I first started blogging. You can see Winding Path here. In an effort to clear a lot of the unfinished projects I've had lying around, I decided it was about time to get Woodland Way done.
I have both the charts, and quite a lot of the thread still remaining, If anyone would like them, please let me know and I'll be happy to send them to you. I'd much rather someone else make use of them than recycle them.
Wednesday, 9 February 2011
As I was supposed to be taking Daniel to an art workshop, I knew that there wouldn't be much time for sewing, but with an hour to spare before leaving, I thought I'd see how far I got with binding the mats.
After about five minutes to collect my thoughts, I was back in the kitchen, put on a saucepan of sweet potato and chili soup to cook and the larger of the cat mats was on the sewing machine to be bound.
By the end of the morning I didn't think I was going to have, the cats had two new place mats, all my waiting mats had been bound, and I had a large saucepan of soup!
Tuesday, 8 February 2011
As I thought I was going to have to go to the train station to meet Daniel, I didn't think I'd have much time to get anything done yesterday, but I thought, I might as well try and see how far I could get. Something was definitely better than nothing.
With plenty of time to spare, I completed all of this weeks Mystery Monday step.
By this time, Daniel had decided he would be OK until he got off the bus in the village, so that gave me more time to play.
A smaller mat for the cats bowl upstairs. It's all quilted and waiting for binding. I must get a day in the next week to get all the bindings on, so I can actually have some finishes for this month.
Monday, 7 February 2011
As I said, these red scraps are going a long way. This will be the cats new mat, as soon as it's bound.
I have one more the same to make of these, but then I really must get to binding them all so they can be used. After all the mulling over colours, I think it will be safer to stick with black for the binding, it was the only way I could think of matching the backs and fronts. That means I will have to order some more black.
Sunday, 6 February 2011
For someone that didn't think they had a lot of red, these scraps seem to be going a very long way. I got a table topper made yesterday, all it needs is some binding. I used a piece of red gingham for the backing.
Even with this done, there are still more scraps. At the moment, they are laid out ready for piecing. There will definitely be a mat for the cats dishes, but then I am undecided. I'll either have two mug rugs or a small table topper. I'll just have to see what happens when they get to the sewing machine.
Friday, 4 February 2011
For the start of this month's challenge, I got out all my red fabric. Surprisingly, I didn't have as much red as I had expected, and disappointingly, there wasn't much of it I liked. The only solution was to slice it all up, rearrange it and see what happened.
The inspiration came from a quilt called Simple Strips from allpeoplequilt.com.
Even after doing this, there are still some of the fabric left. I am thinking of doing something similar again, but on a smaller scale, but I'll have to wait until I get another sewing day.
Wednesday, 2 February 2011
Tuesday, 1 February 2011
This is another week where I've tied two projects into one. The theme for Creative Tuesdays this time was Valentine, so Jennifer seemed to be the perfect project.
Little Ladybug Creations and finished it in a slightly different way. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough suitable fabric for the borders, so the quilting and finishing will have to wait for another day.
For the month of February, I need to get out all my red scraps for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, and it is UFO Number 8. Before I can start on that, I need to do some shopping, In the meantime, I need to catch up with this week Mystery Monday.