Friday, 29 May 2009
Thursday, 28 May 2009
Monday, 25 May 2009
Sunday, 24 May 2009
I did make progress on the mail art envelope. The address has been stitched and it has been pinned to the fabric that will be the lining. The boys were using the plug I usually use for the sewing machine and I decided to be kind and let them finish what they were doing.
Instead, I started on Gina's teapot for the RR on Stitchin Fingers. Today I need to finish the spout, handle and lid. Maybe, I'll manage two finishes this weekend.
Saturday, 23 May 2009
It has been interesting to watch the colours my eyelid has gone over the last few days. Today, the red bit of the bruise is surrounded by a lovely shade of yellow.
As you can imagine, not a lot got done on Wednesday and Thursday, but I did get the knitting needles out yesterday and have finished this girls jumper. It was interesting to do a v neck jumper with a roll neck collar, but I like the way it all turned out.
Wednesday, 20 May 2009
This fun cat greeted me on the frontand this gorgeous cat was on the back. I even had a surprise when I lifted the flap and found this cheeky chappy! There were also a few goodies inside. I was absolutely delighted and my boys were impressed too. They have never seen anything like it. Maybe I ought to hurry and finish mine and then they can see another one.
Sunday, 17 May 2009
We had to make piles of parcels and then attach them to cards. These are the ones that D did,
This was a plain one I bought from Hobbycraft ready made. I just got my new machine out and used the blanket stitch to attach the panel to the front. I had put it in place using bondaweb to give it extra stability.
I am now concentrating on getting the exchange and RR pieces out of the way. I have completed almost half the cross stitch for the mail art envelope, so if I have a good day, I hope to get that completed today. I have to make up for not doing anything at all yesterday, I was too tired by the time I got to sit down.
Wednesday, 13 May 2009
I did finish this cat pad though. Using the cat basket as a template, I cut out two pieces of fabric and batting and sewed them together, leaving a small gap to turn through. I had this pinned and ready for the hand sewing when Kashka decided she would try it out. At least I know it meets with her approval. I hand stitched it together on Tuesday and have plans to make some more. Not only is it good for the basket, but they are great for putting where she regularly sits. Hopefully, it should help to keep the furniture clean and fur free.
Next time I may put some random stitches in it to highlight the padding. We also thought, if we could find the appropriate fabric, we could do some for dog baskets too.
I finally finished my last ATC to go to Australia. Unfortunately, I forget to take a photo before I put it in the envelope. Never mind, just one of those things.
I have almost finished the items for the swap for this month on Exchange heaven. The cross stitch and machine stitching is complete. I just need to do the hand sewing to finish them.
I have decided to have a break next month as I need to catch up with some other exchanges and RR's.
Hopefully I can get these ticked of the list over the next week.
Monday, 11 May 2009
Sunday, 10 May 2009
Friday, 8 May 2009
Thursday, 7 May 2009
I have already started using one of the other yarns. This one is going to be a lightweight ladies cardigan. I have already completed the back and one of the fronts. This is going to be a quick knit as it is knitted using size 8mm needles.
Sunday, 3 May 2009
This arrived Wednesday and only cost me £36. This came from Readicut and were their pot luck packs. They came with several free patterns too, so quite a bargain. Apart from the top pack, I know exactly what I am going to be doing with these.
Then on Friday, this bag appeared.
This is also full of yarn that was in the sale, down to 69p per ball instead of £2.29 and £2.99.
This pink one is appropriately named Party and I am knitting a girls coat. It's not the easiest of yarn to knit with, but it will be lovely and warm. It comes up really thick. The body is shaped, so should look lovely when sewn up. I had a fun time at John Lewis yesterday morning. It was only an hour, but it brought back the memories of when I first learned to crochet when I was about 8. I also had a practice at doing rows. This was new to me so hopefully, I can progress from blanket squares and going in rounds to actually making something. Time will tell, but at least there are two places I can go if I get stuck and need some help. Here is a picture of what I accomplished in my hour.
J got to go out yesterday afternoon and I did my bit of knitting in the evening. It didn't last long though because this week has been so busy and I was tired. Early night for me. So here's to today and hopefully there will be plenty of stitching and knitting going on. Just have to decide which.
Saturday, 2 May 2009
This week, I have added to my yarn stash. All the yarn was in sales and I have managed to get some good deals. The hard thing now, is to choose what to knit next, I have six patterns to choose from. I think I had better finish the little bolero first. I just have to sew it together and do the borders.
I am at John Lewis this morning for a crochet lesson and J wants me to take him out this afternoon, so I don't think I will be getting much done today. At least I should have this evening, I hope!